Join the Movement
Please complete our application form below if you are interested in becoming a Project Teenbirth Board Member. We will review your application and someone will contact you within two weeks after submission.
Specific responsibilies include, but are not limited to:
- Attend board meetings, act in compliance with Project Teenbirth by-laws, on-going in-service training, and reflective supervision as required | needed.
- Participate on #communitylove fundraising and planning teams.
- Specific functions include: supporting families throughout all perinatal stages, facilitating groups in line with PTB expectations.
- Participate with community outreach planning and activities.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with families throughout all perinatal stages.
- Must have attended a doula training with proof of attendance via a certificate of completion.
- Must have attended a childbirth educator training with proof of attendance via a certificate of completion.
- Ability to work when classes | groups are scheduled; which may include evenings and | or weekends.
- Professional, self-directed, follow-through on projects, and prompt responsiveness to internal and external Board Members and community partners.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and enjoys working with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read and write clearly in English. Bi-lingual | Spanish-speaking a PLUS.
- Experience in various Microsoft and Google software.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs, kneel, bend, reach, and manipulate objects; infrequently move | pick-up materials up to 20 pounds.
- Some travel around Hillsborough and surrounding counties required.
- Must be sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the population that Project Teenbirth serves.
- Must have reliable transportation, proof of active auto insurance, and a valid Florida driver’s license.